Holiday Looks From Joe Fresh Beauty
Get dramatic with eyes, lips or overall shimmer for the holiday season
TORONTO, ON (October 1, 2009) – The holidays are the perfect time to get a little more adventurous with your make-up, from bold shades to shimmering tones.
Just in time for the holiday season, Joe Fresh Beauty, the latest cosmetics collection from Joe Fresh Style and Loblaw Companies Limited, introduces its new colours, including: lip stains (in red, berry, plum, tangerine, grapefruit and lilac) and eye crayons (in nude, pink, plum, beige and silver). New accessories include a buffer block and five piece acrylic brush set.
Whether it’s a family get together or evening cocktail, Joe Fresh Beauty offers these easy but elegant looks for the holiday season.
The look: Lush lips in a deep wine or sumptuous red.
Get the look:
- Brush a sheer shimmer eye shadow, such as pale pink, on the entire eyelid up to the crease or choose one of the new eye crayons in nude or pink. Blend with your fingertip.
- Dot liquid eyeliner in black into the upper lash line, apply enough to get depth but not so much that it looks like a perfect line.
- Curl lashes and apply black mascara.
- (To get hours of lasting lip colour, start with a lip stain in red, plum or berry. Otherwise skip this step).
- Starting at the centre of your lips working outwards, apply a rich red or deep wine such as poppy matte lipstick or wine lip crayon.
- If you prefer some shine, apply lip gloss in ruby to the centre of the lips with your fingertip.
- To keep this look sophisticated and the focus on the lips, leave out the blush.
The look: Go sultry for the holidays with dark eyes and a pale lip.
Get the look:
- Brush on a dark eye shadow shade such as plum or midnight on the eyelid up to the crease.
- Line the upper and lower lash lines with pencil eyeliner in black. To make the liner a little softer looking, take a clean eye shadow brush and smudge it into the lash line.
- Curl the lashes and apply a couple of coats of black mascara.
- Lightly dust the cheeks with a soft neutral shade of blush, such as rose.
- Keep the emphasis on the eyes with a lighter shade of lipstick and use a pale beige matte such as nude on your lips.
The look: A subtle shimmer and golden glow.
Get the look:
- Start with matte skin, so you can control the shimmer and shine you will be applying. After applying a light layer of foundation to even out skin tone (if needed), dust on a little pressed powder.
- Brush on shimmer eye shadow such as gold rush, on entire eyelid up to the crease. Or choose the new eye crayon in beige. Draw it on your lid up until the crease and blend it with your fingertip.
- Apply many layers of black mascara to curled eyelashes.
- Dust on a bronzer shade that is no more than two shades darker than your own skin tone.
- Apply bronzer where you would naturally get suntanned such as the upper cheeks, across the bridge of the nose, along the hairline into the upper forehead and a little on the chin.
- Take a bright pink blush and swirl a little onto the apple of the cheeks.
- Choose your favourite lip gloss in a paler shade such as sheer pink or bare.
- For that extra glow, use cheek tint in nude as a highlighter on the brow bone and upper cheeks.
For products, visuals or additional information, please contact: